lisaviolet's diary






benny's forums

Check out the live cameras!

All ArchivesRSS 1.0 FEED powered by gm-rss

| previous entry | most current entry | next entry |

Monday, 02/14/2005 - 09:38 AM PDT
The topic: Yesterday was a Disney day

Saturday, Brian wanted to go to Disneyland, but Friday night, my throat was getting sore and it wasn't much better Saturday morning. We went to breakfast, then decided to stay home. It was a nice rainy day and we spent most of it back in the office, surfing the internet. I spent way too much time playing Bejeweled. Brian surfed the net looking at tractor stuff.

Then, when I got up for the day yesterday morning (remember, I usually get up around four to let the cats into the backyard), I walked into the yard and thought what a good day it would be to go to Disneyland, or at least the resort. And I kind of wanted to buy a Valentine's antenna topper for the Escape. I went into the bedroom, where Brian was still snoozing and said "let's go to Disneyland", and he said "today? I can't go, I have to service the work truck". *sigh* So, I came back to the office and started dorking around and he yelled out "how long will it take you to get ready?" *lol*

We went to Disneyland. Well, not actually Disneyland, but to Disney's California Adventure. We were there for most of the morning, we finally left the resort around one in the afternoon. And I left without my Valentine antenna ball, because they ran out of them months ago. But I did get two St Patrick's balls (Mickey head with green shamrocks on the ears and little shamrock boppers on the head (they're on springs), one of which I'll be giving my mom (she's Irish, all the way, born and raised in Dublin, Ireland), a really cute pirate antenna ball and an Easter antenna ball, which is all white, with little bunny ears and bunny whiskers. I'm going to start changing these things like other people decorate their houses. And they're fairly inexpensive, only four bucks a piece. If I get enough at a time, I get a passholder's discount.

I took my new camera and got some movies on it. One was on the Golden Zephyr, the other was with Brian on the MaliBoomer. He had said that he would take a movie on the coaster, California Screamin'. We went and had lunch (turkey sandwiches, split a bag of Cheetos and sodas) and then he told me he didn't think his stomach would handle the coaster. Which was something new. I was disappointed, but maybe next time. The movies aren't up, but the pictures I took are. The movies are pretty big. I'll probably transfer those over to DVD format. Once I get cracking on learning that program.

On the way home, I got some pretty nice photos of the ocean, which was surprising. I had my window down and just kept snapping. Because of the vegetation along the side of the road, the majority of the pictures didn't have much ocean in them, but some did and turned out well. And Brian pulled off of the road into a rest area, where I took a couple of pictures. When we got home and I downloaded them, I wished I had taken a lot more. After all, I had over three thousand left on the memory card (it's a 2.2G).

This one was my favorite:

One the way home, we drove through Santee and stopped at CostCo. I lost Brian in the store and found him looking at new keyboards. They had a wireless mouse/keyboard combination which we bought. I don't mind the wires so much, but his computer is at a place where the cats are always walking by it. It will make it easier without wires. We got home and I started downloading my pictures, figuring he could read the instructions and set up his new hardware himself. Guess what? Yah, I ended up doing it. The mouse wasn't an internet mouse, though, so we put the old one back on. I know the new one is programmable, but it didn't have the internet buttons on the side, so I figured it would just be easier to keep the old wire mouse until we find a wireless internet mouse. At least the keyboard worked without a problem. I do have to order a keyboard condom for his keyboard. I can't believe how well they extend the life of a keyboard.

We needed paper towels, but they didn't have the kind we use. Since I've been keeping the kitchen and dining room windows and kitchen countertops clean, we've been going through a lot of them. We also got some litter. Brian got seventy pounds of it and I found a very cheap set of cat toys. There's a bag of nip, a little container to grow your own catgrass, a cardboard scratcher and five different toys that "fly" when you throw them. It was less the five dollars, which was a real deal. I might pick up some more, just to have them. These would make great little gift packs, for sure.

Anyway, we got home, I did a headcount. I was a little nervous about this, because I didn't lock the cats in, they were able to come and go via the cat door all day. When we got in, all three of the kittens were in the house. When Brian opened the sliding door, many of the cats hauled their butts outside. They were playing until late evening. Joey was the last one in, even after Benny.

Saturday, I'd taken a roast out of the freezer, thinking we'd have that for Sunday dinner (throwback to childhood, you have roast on Sunday, you just do). So, before we left yesterday, I took it out of the frig only to find it was still frozen. No biggie, I put it in the crockpot with a little water, some worcestershire sauce and some garlic powder, set the pot on high. When we got home, we were hit with the lovely smell of cooking roast. We had mashed potatoes, pees and gravy (for some reason, the side that takes the longest for me is the gravy; Brian doesn't like it runny and it takes so long to cook down). There was meat left over and I gave little pieces to the cats. Before we ate, I brought Brian a little taste of roast and I guess Annie was very interested in it. He asked at dinner if she could have some, providing there was any left over. There was and she got a nice bit of roast beef as a treat last night.

Talking about Benny, he's been spending more time indoors than out, which is not normal for him. I'm going to watch him closely and make sure he's not acting sick. I'm just so used to him being outside. Maybe he's just starting to feel his age and is more comfortable inside where it's not so damp. I hope that's all it is.

I weighed DeeJay this morning and he finally hit seven pounds. His back legs are getting weaker. When assumes the jump position, you can see the strain on his back knees, with the way they tremble. But he still like to eat, still wants attention, is still pooping well and pees a lot. I wish he didn't keep getting infections. Lucky did that, too, after she was diagnosed with kidney problems. At least amoxicillan helps for a little bit. I've tried stronger meds, but he just couldn't handle them at all. So, we'll keep the low dose of amoxi. He has been more testy than usual. I suppose it could be the damp weather is bothering him. He's not a spring chicken and I'm sure he has some arthritis. I would imagine that's why he's been spending a lot of time on the heating pad. This morning, I found him all curled up in an afghan on the sofa. He'd burrowed a little hole for himself, so he was surrounded by warmth, except on his upper body. I wish he could safely get under the covers, but the other cats don't seem to know when they're walking on another cat and he's just so frail, that I don't want him getting hurt.

Brian is having someone come in Wednesday to show him how to set up and order through their company. So, I have to clean house today and tomorrow. It's not that it's that bad, but it doesn't take the cats long to undo all of my hard work. I have to vacuum and dust, and most likely wash floors again. And since the weather isn't really conducive to quickly drying floors, it's going to take a while. I wish the weather would be nice when I have to clean. It makes it so much easier when the cats aren't all inside and freaking out with the sounds and smells when I clean.

Oh, well.

Replies: 4 comments

I play "Bejeweled" too!! I am really enjoying the new "Bejeweled 2" game as well. Hello to all the kitties and take care!!

Posted by Brenda @ 02/16/2005 09:30 AM PDT

I was a Bejeweled addict, as well. Also BJ2. But THEN! I discovered Big Kahuna Reef. Oh man. I am so hooked. I have downloaded all the available new levels and the fun just keeps on a'comin. I found it at RealArcade. All you Bejeweled nuts... be warned! :)

Posted by Charlotte @ 02/16/2005 11:34 AM PDT

I must have "pee" on the brain. I read your entry that you had mashed potatoes, pees, and gravy with the roast and I'm saying huh???? You meant peas but it took me a while to figure that out.

Posted by Sandy S @ 02/17/2005 09:47 AM PDT

*hugs* I'm glad your Dee Jay is still o.k. I'm the one who posted on Cat Fights II about my elderly Missy, who we just lost. God, I feel like I've been stabbed in the heart today. Trying to keep busy and make lemonade out of the lemons. :(

Posted by Magicsmom @ 02/19/2005 11:21 AM PDT

lisaviolet is fifty something, married with no kids, takes care of lots of cats, likes taking photographs, loves Southern California weather and spends altogether too much time avoiding her responsibilities.

February 2005

All Archives

San Diego Bloggers


Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More
website design by

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by

© 1996-2006 lisaviolet
Photographic images are the property of the photographer,and may not be copied, printed, or otherwise reproduced on any other site or used in any other publishing medium without the written permission of each individual photographer and kennel/cattery owner. Cathouse privacy policy.