lisaviolet's diary






benny's forums

Check out the live cameras!

All ArchivesRSS 1.0 FEED powered by gm-rss

| previous entry | most current entry | next entry |

Friday, 09/24/2004 - 09:47 AM PDT
The topic: Getting back into a routine

Friday, September 24, 2004 Well, I'm finally getting back into some sort of routine. For so much of this past couple of months, stuff was weird and I felt all off track, but it's slowly getting back to where it should be.

Marco had his thirty day check up yesterday. Damn clinic. I was supposed to bring him in before eleven yesterday morning, we checked in at 11:05. The doctor was supposed to be in at noon and I figured it shouldn't really take all of that long to take an x-ray, look at it, then send Marco home. I called at 3:30 asking how it went. Well, the doctor hadn't had a chance to view the image yet, someone would call me when it was done. Finally, almost 5:30, they called and Marco could come home. The good news is he's healing nicely, his leg is seventy percent healed. He still has to be confined for an additional four weeks, which means he won't be loose until the week after our annual Disneyland trip. This wasn't what I wanted to hear, but it's what's necessary. I'm glad he's doing so well, though. I kept having fears about the leg not healing properly. I kept thinking back to when Bobby lost his leg. Eight weeks of having a pin in it, then finding out the bone was mush and the leg was removed. So, I'm happy that Marco is healing. There's a big sense of relief there. It was something that has been in the back of my mind.

Little Bit is slowly coming around. On Monday, I moved the crate from the exercise (ha!) room to the living room. I hoped that this would help her to assimilate and I think it is working. This morning, for instance, I opened a can of Fancy Feast for the kittens and the big cats were all over me. So, I split the can and put it in the crate with Little Bit and put the kittens in there with her. She ate hers, they ate theirs, she went back and sat in the litterbox and I got the kittens out. She made no move to attack me. She hissed and growled, but the attacking mode has been greatly reduced. Don't get me wrong, there's no way I'll be reaching in there to give her a little scritch behind an ear. That ain't gonna happen. And I still keep my stick (actually, a bamboo back scratcher) handy so that she can slap that and not my flesh. (One of those afterthoughts, I should have had them clip her claws when she was getting spayed. That's what was done with Blackie so long ago and it was a good thing.)

The kittens couldn't be any more adorable if they tried. And with each minute that passes, they're getting cuter. Of course, whenever one of them seems really tired, I start to fret that we might have a sick kitten on our hands, but after a few hours sleep, that kitten is as energetic as ever. I guess I have to get used to their sleeping patterns again. What's really kind of neat is Rachel and Ross are starting to show an interest in their siblings.

I bought five pounds of Odor Mute with the hopes I'd be able to finally get the living room furniture usable. I mixed it up to skunk strength and applied it liberally to one of the cushions. The smell didn't lessen at all. I got one of my machines out and tried sucking out the excess moisture and finally took the cover off of the foam and took it into the kitchen, where I ran lukewarm water over it for five minutes straight. The water was nasty, nasty, nasty. Dark yellow/brown. I gave up.

I called the trash company and arranged for a bulk item pickup. This weekend, Brian will get the furniture out of the house. It would be one thing if we ever used that room, but we don't, we've pretty much given it over to the cats. It's been theirs for years now. I do want to get a wooden rocking chair and I can put it by the sliding glass door. Get myself a hanging lamp for that side of the room, a little end table and I'll have a nice little reading area with a great view. And I won't have to worry about the smell eminating from the furniture.

Brian also said to get a few of the cat trees replaced, so I did that this morning. Three of them are pretty thrashed. They should be here within seven working days. So, even though the living room isn't done, not even close to it, it will be nice to be able to sit out there.

Welp, that's it for now. It's laundry day and we're going shopping later. And I absolutely must take advantage of the sun while it's still hot. Earlier this week, I went swimming and the pool temp was seventy five. Boy, did that get the old heart pumping. It felt GOOD! Gonna do it some more before the Disney trip. Then I'll be done with pool stuff for the year. Maybe I'll start sitting at the table on the patio and drinking tea or coffee during the cool autumn mornings.

I love this time of year.

Replies: 1 Comment

I just checked out the family pix and saw the one of Little Bit with her kittens. It's really nice to see the little family back together after the rough time after the spay operation.

They all are adorable!! :)

Posted by Brenda @ 09/30/2004 09:07 AM PDT

lisaviolet is fifty something, married with no kids, takes care of lots of cats, likes taking photographs, loves Southern California weather and spends altogether too much time avoiding her responsibilities.

September 2004

All Archives

San Diego Bloggers


Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More
website design by

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by

© 1996-2006 lisaviolet
Photographic images are the property of the photographer,and may not be copied, printed, or otherwise reproduced on any other site or used in any other publishing medium without the written permission of each individual photographer and kennel/cattery owner. Cathouse privacy policy.